– Fall 2018: Deep organizes “Beyond graphene 2D materials” Symposium at Fall MRS meeting in Boston. The symposium was a massive success with maximum attendance among all symposia at the meeting.
– Fall 2018: Deep visits China to attend Low Dimensional Materials for Optoelectronics Conference at Shenzhen University and give an invited talk in addition to Shanghai Institute of Technical Physics to visit collaborators and give an invited talk.
-Fall 2018: Deep wins the Nanomaterials Young Investigator Award
-Fall 2018: Lab welcomes two new undergraduates Nidhi Kapate and Justin Qian, both from MSE department
-Fall 2018: Lab welcomes its first two PhD students- Huiqin Zhang and Kiyoung Jo. Huiqin comes from Nanjing University in China while Kiyoung comes from UNIST, Korea.
-Summer 2018: Deep gets elected to ACS Nano Letters Early career Advisory Board.
-Summer 2018: Deep gives colloquium talk at Center for Functional Nanomaterials (CFN) at Brookhaven National Laboratory and initiates new collaborations with BNL and Penn.
-Summer 2018: Deep presents at the GRC on Two Dimensional Electronics Beyond Graphene at Stonehill College in MA
– Summer 2018: The lab welcomes postdoc Jinshui Miao and Penn undergraduates Saif Khawaja and Natalia Acero as well as visiting undergraduates Chavez Lawrence from Penn State on a MRSEC REU fellowship and Suyash Tripathi from IIT Guwahati (India) on a S. N. Bose Scholarship.
– 1st Nov. 2017: Deep has been awarded the postdoctoral award of the Nanometer-scale Science and Technology Division (NSTD) of the American Vacuum Society.
Upcoming talks and conferences
-Feb 2019: Deep will give the department seminar talk at Drexel University Materials Science Department
-March 2019: Deep will present at the International Centre for Diffraction Data (ICDD) meeting
-April 2019: Deep will give an invited talk in “Novel Photonic Materials” symposium at Spring MRS meeting in Phoenix
-May 2019: Deep will be presenting an invited talk at the Compound Semiconductor Week workshop in Nara, Japan
-July 2019; Deep will be presenting two invited talks at Optical Society of America Conference in San Francisco.
– Deep will be presenting at the AVS International Symposium and Exhibition in Tampa, FL on November 2, 2017.
– Deep will be presenting an invited talk at the Workshop on Innovative Nanoscale Systems and Devices in Kohala Coast, HI on November 27, 2017
– Deep will be attending the Fall MRS Meeting on November 29th
-Deep will be presenting at the MSE department at Penn on November 30th and also attending the Penn Engineering open house.
-Deep will be presenting at several research institutions in India including IISER Trivandrum, Banaras Hindu University and Tata Institute of Fundamental research in December
Laboratory and group updates
-July 26, 2017- Website up and running!
-June 21, 2017 – Offer accepted, Deep is officially set to join Penn Engineering in January 2018